D800 play.com preorder

Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
samduncombe
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
Re: D800 play.com preorders being cancelled
In reply to Luke Kaven, Jun 19, 2012

Here is an email off them I got without prompting them or asking for my order being cancelled:

Dear SAM DUNCOMBE

We are writing in regards to your order for Nikon D800 36 Megapixels 3.2 Inch LCD FHD DSLR Camera Body Only

We have been working closely with our suppliers over recent months attempting to obtain stock of this item to fulfil your order. This item has only been available in very limited quantities and at this time we are unable to confirm an estimated restocking date. As it is unlikely we will be able to get more stock of this item in the near future we have decided to remove it from sale. Therefore it is with regret that we are unable to fulfil your order for this product. Your outstanding order for this item has been cancelled, please note that your card has not been charged.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused in this matter and we would like to thank you for shopping at Play.com.

Kind Regards

Play.com

What a load of crap. I can't justify the d800 (at £2600) until I start earning money from photography, pehaps the d600 will satisfy my hunger?!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow