Question for eyeglass wearers using NEX-7 (About the EVF)

Started Jun 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
phutyle
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
Re: Question for eyeglass wearers using NEX-7 (About the EVF)
In reply to rurouni, Jun 19, 2012

I noticed this with my Nex7 last week while on holidays in Spain. The viewfinder doesn't cut out with my regular glasses, but it does if I'm wearing my sunglasses (which have bigger and more curved lenses) and don't have the eyepiece squarely flush with the glasses. It was a bit annoying at first, but I got into the habit of raising my sunglasses onto my head when I was shooting. Now that I'm back in dull and rainy Ireland, I won't have much use for the shades, so it won't be an issue - but if it was happening with my regular glasses, I would find it more of an inconvenience.

I've never encountered this issue on my A77. Also, I much prefer the softer rubber eye-cup on the A77 - the Nex7 one is much harder. I'm hoping it doesn't damage the coatings on my glasses. I wish Sony (or a third party) would make a softer one.

I will say, though, that the Nex7 EVF was a dream to use in very bright sunlight - better than the A77. Although I do prefer the slightly bigger view in the A77, and the fact that you don't get distortion at the edges if your eye isn't perfectly centered. Still, two great cameras that I love using.

phutyle's gear list:phutyle's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow