Started Jun 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LandoftheCleves
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
14-24mm focus breathing?
Jun 19, 2012

I don't remember experiencing this before, but...

When layering two D800E images taken of the same scene on a tripod at 14mm at different focus points with the 14-24 lens, the underneath layer is shifted to the right on the left side of the image and to the left on the right side of the image and shifted up, to varying degrees, everywhere.

My best guess: Though for some reason I've only heard of this before with the 70-200, my actual focal length at 14mm is changing with my focus point?

My questions: If my guess is incorrect, any other ideas? If my guess is correct, any easy way around this? Is there perhaps a chart somewhere that'd let me know precisely how much I can change the depth of my focus point without changing the focal length of my lens? Also, does this happen (if this is what's indeed happening) with prime lenses as well?

(Note: I wasn't sure if this was the sort of thing that belongs in the "retouching" forum or not.)

Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow