Changes everyone agrees on?

Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
vgabor
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: Changes everyone agrees on?
In reply to jrtrent, Jun 19, 2012

jrtrent wrote:

I also prefer to voted only for shots I like. One of the systems DPReview mentioned as a possibility is some form of voting in which you just pick your top ten or top five pictures. They said, "Scoring would then be point driven, # of appearances in a top ten would determine # of points awarded."

I think that would be a much easier and much more pleasant way to do the voting.

It shouldn't be so difficult to find common points. If only the lack of consensus is the only reason that prevents making changes... I believe dpr doesn't have the man-power for significant changes or/and the challenges have little importance for the site.

Some of my points:

• I'm also for a kind of positive voting. E.g. a voter could pick up his favourite tens.

• Maybe the host alone or someone from dpr picks up the top ten placements. (though I enjoy voting as well)

• I'm also for disabling voting on thumbnail images alone. Not that it is a significant improvement but would be nice.

• Anonymous voting should be over with the current voting system. Beside that the host should be able to remove the suspicious voting patterns. It has seamy sides however!

• With the current system there should be 10 times more voters per entry like now to reduce the side effects like sandbagging. If thumbnail or not, size limit or not, doesn't make the things so much better.

Many of the active entrants/voters are not active on this forum. I think the lack of consensus is only a facade. DPR should make a poll , I mean a questionnaire. More people could then be addressed.

Anyway I still enjoy the challenges with all the flaws. Thanks to some really good hosts and honest entrants and voters.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow