Microscope Photography --- What's a 'T Mount"?

Started Jun 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Senior MemberPosts: 1,911Gear list
Re: Microscope Photography --- What's a 'T Mount"?
In reply to Dave Walker 56, Jun 19, 2012

Thanks, Dave, for the extremely valuable article. I have just started doing this and it isn't that easy. First, is finding a microscope to camera adapter that will fit the microscope eye tube (What you have after removing the eyepiece, which may be held in by a set screw).

My school microscope has a 25mm inside diameter eye tube. Not everything fits. Finally, got an old manual era Minolta microscope adapter to work, and the eyepiece will drop back inside the adapter. But old school camera company microscope adapters were longer than many sold today. You may not be able to focus at every eyepiece/objective combination.

I plan on investing in a 20x plan objective, which is the most corrected. If you buy adapters off eBay, be sure there is a return privilege—and good luck. Besides Edmund, there is a place called Surplus Shed to look at. Maybe, all I needed was a T2 microscope adapter that would drop into the eye tube???

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow