>>>> Street Photography eXchange #14 <<<

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alessandro63
Contributing MemberPosts: 787
Like?
Re: no.
In reply to xtoph, Jun 19, 2012

Yup, thank you.

So, apologies for the short tech comment, it was not intended to be dismissive. What I meant is: I don't think a film would result in an almost blocked channel (red in this case), but we know we have to cope with new media, cause in the old times we looked at subtractive synthesis while now we look at the additive one (print vs screen said in a somewhat snobby way...).

Of course the color contrast makes (big part of) that single photograph, and the series look really intriguing.

Pity I am, as I use to joke about, mentally color blind, so I tend to do mainly B&W. My colour photos are not so good, I tend to go mainstream, in the "punchy undersaturated false color" common way. Look at the appended image for example.

And, most important, I can't make a series, because in my genre (occasional street), I haven't yet found a "leitmotiv", nor I have the strenght to start a documentary/journalistic project as yours.

Last but not least, pity that two gentlemen, as you and Frank look like, seem to suffer from an accidental forum antipathy. But this can also represent a stimulus for unexpected, interesting confrontations...

Best
Alessandro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
no.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow