probert500
Contributing MemberPosts: 953Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom photos not as sharp as RawTherapee
In reply to 409novaman, Jun 18, 2012

409novaman wrote:

John Bean (UK) wrote:

409novaman wrote:

I have noticed on this forum that some people are quick to jump at the horrible thought of someone shooting jpegs. They resort to the old Ansel Adams arguments .

What a coincidence. I have noticed on this forum that some people are quick to jump on the horrible thought of someone shooting raw. They resort to the old "seams (sic) like sloppy photographic skills are being compensated for with PP" argument.

Come down from your high horse before you fall off and do yourself a mischief

-- hide signature --

John Bean [BST (GMT+1)]

Well, I guess you don't pay attention to many of the posts on this forum.
It's always raw is the way to go, with no thought to jpeg shooters.

As far as doing mischief to ones self, that doesn't happen very often on a computer unless you take this very seriously. I see this as mild entertainment and a way to pickup on new equipment. If you want to try to induce mischief, knock yourself out.

But I'll continue to shoot jpeg and work a little harder behind the camera to please myself, just like the old days
BTW
Thanks for the spelling correction, you can be my spellcheck this summer. .

Your argument is odd - first you denigrate the techniques of one medium (digital) and consecrate that of another (film) , but then come to the conclusion that the highly compressed jpeg format is closer to film than the uncompressed raw format. It's all very curious.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow