Yosemite with a 7D?

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
foggy
Regular MemberPosts: 254Gear list
Like?
Re: Yosemite with a 7D?
In reply to cambomj, Jun 18, 2012

If you have not been to this part of California before it's rough country so be prepared traction devices etc. It's far different than the more civilized parts of the state. My visits have been mostly in the spring and the spring runoff through the falls was spectacular..! One just is not prepared for how grand they are. I live 10 miles from Multnomah falls in Oregon and I have to say that experience has been diminished. In November I don't think you will see much flow from the falls at that time of year so some of your UWA opportunities will not show depending on the year.

As far as the time you have I would concentrate on the park loop and accessible viewpoints of the main park. This gives you time to figure best light or take advantage of opportunities that present themselves in that general area. Yosemite is such a big meal it takes most years to see a good share of it. You don’t want to rush here and there and when you get home feel the work you brought home could have been better Go for quality not quantity.
Enjoy your visit

Foggy

foggy's gear list:foggy's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow