Started Jun 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WirenL
Senior MemberPosts: 1,310Gear list
Like?
Leap from PC to MBP, advice
Jun 18, 2012

I am in need of an upgrade... currently editing photo's on an 8 year old Dell PC... can you say frustratingly slow? I'm looking to buy a new computer that will be dedicated to my photo work, post processing for clients and one the family won't touch. I was planning on a laptop to use with external hard drives for storage and while I currently use LR, was thinking if I got a MBP, i'd switch over to aperture.

Any advice, comments... My thoughts are (being on a limited budget) MBP 13" with the 2.9 i7 and 8gb RAM. How does Aperture compare to LR?

While I would love to have the new "retina" screen and all the new goodies... I can't afford getting up to 3-4K on a unit.... If I go with a 13" MBP as above am I making a bad purchase?

Appreciate comments and suggestions.

-- hide signature --

Lee Wiren

WirenL's gear list:WirenL's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow