I learned something today...actually many things

Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
herbymel
Senior MemberPosts: 3,433
Like?
Re: I learned something today...actually many things
In reply to toomanycanons, Jun 18, 2012

toomanycanons wrote:

I watched the Heat-Thunder game last night. Instead of just focusing on the players I tried to check out the photogs on the floor behind both baskets. I never was able to get a clear enough view to see if any of them had a strobe mounted directly onto their cameras.

What I did notice this time, however, was the house strobes go off at key newsworthy moments which seemed to happen every few seconds. Funny how I never noticed that before. Flash! Flash! Flash! The combination of strong lighting plus powerful strobes firing made it look almost like daytime on the court. Using the house strobes to freeze the action meant they didn't really have to shoot at 1/200th or even 1/160th.

Yes, very different from my experiment.

I'm not sure what you were seeing was house strobes, as he was even saying in the article that he needed time to have the strobes recycle before he could take more pictures. Combine that with all the other photographers trying to use the same strobes and I just don't think it would be possible, or that they'd be burning out rather quickly.
--
Herby

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow