Started Jun 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla2008
Senior MemberPosts: 2,381
Like?
Cured ! (held the E-M5 today)
Jun 18, 2012

Today I got a chance to hold the E-M5. Granted, it was tethered and battery less, so handling was slightly impaired, but after reading all the raving comments about built quality I was totally underwhelmed and unimpressed by the body itself. My very first impression was : "toylike" (was the black version), and the black textured finish seems quite plasticky. Absolutely the opposite reaction I got when I first unboxed the GX-1 and was pleasantly surprised by its heft and serious build.

Second thing, the buttons are tiny to the point of being unusable. I'm a smallish woman with small hands, I just cannot figure how any man can successfully operate that cam ?!
They are not only painfully small but wobbly and not well shaped.

Anyway I know nobody can judge a cam without powering it and in such a limited time, and I'm still awed at the images I see coming out of this body, but there is NO way I'm buying it, at least at this price point. When street price drops by at least 25%, I might consider one, out of curiosity (and even then, not sure...).

I'm glad I finally was able to meet the camera in person, which put an abrupt end to a lot of fantasy and injustified lust.

At the same time I got to see the G3 (much smaller and cuter than I'd think) and the new D3200 (body looks allright, very small and light, and the Nikon consumer zooms are ugly as ever).

Marla.

Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow