Started Jun 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tjxism
Regular MemberPosts: 160
Like?
X Pro 1 does not work well with Apple?
Jun 18, 2012

I have purchased the X Pro 1 for about two weeks so far, and really enjoyed the camera. It finally freed me from bulky equipments made by Nikon and Canon (D700 and 5DMarkII).

Though I am not a professional photographer, I've always used raw for better post process results before X Pro 1. Yet Fuji's wonderful in camera JPG processing changed my mind, I now always uses Fuji's film stimulation. Also this is my first digital camera uses SD card. Then using Apple's iPad Camera Kit + iCloud makes sense to me.

But everytime I uses iPad Camera connection kit's SD card reader, the SD card needs a format to behave properly on X Pro 1. Otherwise you have to wait for several minutes before X Pro 1 starts up and ready to shoot. Since you can not format the card on iPad this is really annoying on the go. I inserted the SD on my Mac yesterday and find the similar problem occured.

I googled and find locking the SD card before connect to Apple products solves the problem. But this is still annoying since you can not use your SD card for any other purpose. And if you foget to lock the SD, especially when using iPad which can not format it, you have to wait a long time before you can use your camera.

I have also heard similar problem when using with Windows computers but I can not comfirm.

I think this is caused by the hidden files automaticly created by Apple OS, but the problem does not occur on any other brand cameras. I think Fuji can easily solve the problem. The same appeared on X100, I don't know whether fixed with firmware update or not. Anyway, Fuji seems slow on bug fixing and we cannot understand why they let fixed problems on X100 reapear on X Pro 1. Fuji makes state of art camera for photo shooting, but they seem unable to fine tweak their product before releasing it.

-- hide signature --

Jingxi

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow