Going mad with Epson 3800 - images too dark

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
mbaginy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,792
Like?
I'm sure that has worked for you.
In reply to rhahm, Jun 18, 2012

But it does basically mean, that you (and Matt) are correcting the "improperly" set monitor when printing within your sphere of hardware. And I'm sure it works just fine. But as soon as such an image leaves this setup and is imported to a "properly" adjusted monitor, those same problems will creep up.

As long as your images stay within your controlled (and adjustment compensated) environment, all will remain fine. There are a number of people and professionals who operate satisfactorily in such a manner. Just be aware of the complications when leaving that controlled environment.

Example: Some book-printing companies will try to compensate for what they consider wrongly adjusted colors or brightness. I'm not in favor of that since I use color management throughout my workflow and want an image exactly that color with that exact luminance setting (evening or available light shots). I shy away from companies targeting the mass of hobby photographers who haven't a clue about color management and try to compensate as they see fit to "satisfy" the customers. The photographer will lose a great deal of influence, how his/her images will be rendered.
--
Mike
http://www.mikebaginy.weebly.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow