Started Jun 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djdanmatthews
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Help! Traveling sx260 vs. hx20v
Jun 18, 2012

I am doing a extensive trip soon and have researched for some time the difference between the sx260 and HX20V even the Panasonic ZS20. I have read most of the

threads on advice about these cameras here, seen the reviews / sample pics etc...

The sony's pics look most appealing in HDR or standard web sizes, does panoramas, and has good battery. The canon does good 100% zoom pics, is smaller in the pocket, but lacks panoramas & HDR, the shots seem well not vivid. They are working on a CHDSK so you can do raw but no idea when that will be done as the forum it seems they have abandoned it. The pansonic is my least fav with grainy shots that look terible, will take a lot of work to fix.

MY question is I tried that forum for the CHDK and the last response were "is anyone home" and "Vitold looks like for now there is no developer with a SX230" so I thought maybe they gave up on the project. Like I said I am a beginner photographer so I have no idea how to use CHDK and was going off the fact on the home page SX230 was the only model that seemed to have releases. How do I find the CHDK that works with the SX260? How do you turn it on and off? And when do you know to use raw and when not to (rule of thumb, if you think the photo will be amazing, etc)? I will be taking thousands of shots and don't know I will have time to process them all one by one after the trip.

Canon has settings you can adjust to make the pics like the sony HX20V ... How do I make them the same vivid and contrasty images like the sony, can you tell me what to set, quite a few settings in there. ... or at least what your settings would be to get close to the sony pic quality? I found the images of the sx260 dull out of the box and not so detailed, things don't pop out at you.

I don't care about the video at all really, mainly the picture quality, panoramas are kinda cool, low light night shots, and HDR seems to really get rid of noise.

IS there a way to get rid of noise like the other cameras have with HDR on the canon? Some setting in CHDK or some bracketing thing that combines them together?

Thanks,
Dan

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow