When space is at a premium

Started Jun 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
OdzBodkinz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,425
Like?
Re: When space is at a premium
In reply to baxters, Jun 18, 2012

Ah, you speak of the Dragon! Planning on going to join Miatas at the Gap at then end of July.

I have read about that mod for putting the spare under the body. Seemed involve. My dad carries a foot pump and a tire plugging kit in his trunk now for his Miata.

baxters wrote:

There's a mod to hang the spare tire under the gas tank on your car. I know one guy who has done this. Other miata owners I know, who tour, simply don't carry a spare. Their reasoning is that any flat tire doesn't fit into the allocated spot for the spare even if the trunk is empty.

As a matter of fact, the only flat tires I've seen on miatas was when our friends pulled off US 129 in NC and bent both rims on one side. Luckily, another miata was available to give assistance so both spares went on, and luggage was relocated behind the seats to accommodate those flats.

I'm rambling because I'm jealous. It's 10 years since my roadster (94M) has been on the Blue Ridge. Must be an affinity between little cars and little cameras.

Nice pix.

-- hide signature --

Money can't buy happiness....It has to be converted into photo equipment first.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow