Started Jun 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Izabelle
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
600EX and the 600 EX RT?
Jun 18, 2012

I am confused as far as discussing these two flashes goes.

From my understanding, the 600EX does NOT have radio compatabilities - therefore it will not fire wirelessly with the ST E3 RT (or will it?!). BUT the 600 EX RT will.

I am confused about the different between 'optical' firing and 'radio' firing. Is optical infrared...in that case you will need two flashes...a slave and a master? Because an article i have read online states that 'you should be able to combine the ST E2 (old transmitter) with the 600EX because that has the 'old' optical wireless mode built in.'

I have ordered the 600EX and the ST E3 RT transmitter in and while i have told the store it is different to the 600EX RT they have called Canon Australia and they say the 600EX on order it is the same as the 600EX RT.

I want to be able to shoot wirelessly, without needing a slave/master setup. I currently have a 430exII.

Please help!?

Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow