How to make Light Room 4 recognize my B drive

Started Jun 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
richardplondon
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,060Gear list
Like?
Re: How to make Light Room 4 recognize my B drive
In reply to Sailor Blue, Jun 18, 2012

Sailor Blue wrote:

You can also use keyword searches to find similar files across all your catalogs. Here is what I do to make my photos easy to find.

I set up a smart catalog for each year....

Just to check, for the word "catalog" should we read "collection"? (throughout) - it is just that some people DO use separate Catalog databases, but these cannot be searched across .

To clarify the terms for the OP, Collections and Smart Collections occur inside one given Catalog, as just one among many parallel ways to organise the pictures referenced by it. Other ways, include classifying and filtering the images by keyword , or by their shooting attributes , or by what disk drive and folder they incidentally happen to be stored in, or what rating you have given them, and so on (folders do not have any particularly unique status in this overall setup).

RP

richardplondon's gear list:richardplondon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow