Started Jan 14, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Atlanta-Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?
No images found
Jan 14, 2003

I finally decided that I was going to try and shot more NEF's. Went out this weekend with the kids to a local playground and got some pretty good shots, so I thought. When I got home and put my 512mg CF card in the card reader, no files were found. I put the card back in the camera and it didn't see any photos either. Now I know that I actually took some, I even looked at some of them while I was shooting.

I have a program called "Photo Rescue" and it was able to find almost all of my images, plus some from about a month ago. The problem is that it recovered the NEF images as a TIFF. The few JPG's on the card were recovered with out a problem. I used another program and it was able to recover the images as NEF files. Of course, these NEF files are damaged and I can't even pull them up in Photoshop. But hey, I got the TIFF files, right? No, these images only pull up as very small thumbnails even though the file is over 9mg in size and Nikon View says it is a 3008x2000 sized image.

It had been awhile since the last time that I formatted the card in the camera. How often should this been done? Is it really necessary to do this EVERY time? Do I have any hope of recovering the images that are now listed as TIFF's? Hey maybe I can just rename them to NEF's and see what happens. I will try that when I get home.

I know this is not because of the NEF's, but I sure was looking forward to playing with those images.

Mike H

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow