Started Jun 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dfstarman
Regular MemberPosts: 483Gear list
Like?
NEX-7/ OMD Hands on faceoff and the winner is OMD
Jun 17, 2012

I had the opportunity to examine both cameras hands on yesterday.
Since I own a Sony A65 I was biased in that direction.

The image quality on the Sony was awesome, the OMD was also very good.

There a few features on the Sony I really like : manual focus peaking, in camera HDR and night time hand held mode, continuous focus in movie mode and in camera panoramas. However I really don't use them much on my A65 except for night hand held mode. I rarely use video.Sony has a built in flash, I rarely use it and have an add on flash anyway.

The OMD has touch screen and while both are very configurable, the OMD is easier to use once you get set up the way you like.

Focus is very fast, image quality is quite good.Plus it is somewhat water and dust resistant.
Another major factor was lens selection, many more for OMD.
Also user manual much better on OMD. Sony is very cryptic.

Also like the AE bracketing much better as I like to do HDR and the Sony can only do 3 while OMD can do up to 7.

Plus they had a special if you bought another lens, so I got the 40-150 for only $100 more, I got the12-50mm in the kit.
I spent all afternoon yesterday configuring it the way I like and experimenting.

Today I had a little time in the morning to take a few shots, nothing fantastic.

But I posted them in a gallery.

Very Satisfied so far.

dfstarman's gear list:dfstarman's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony SLT-A77 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus E-M1 +26 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow