Nikon warning

Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 14,045Gear list
Like?
Re: Or.......
In reply to The Customer, Jun 17, 2012

Remind me to never have a cup of coffee or tea at any of your homes. Making coffee or tea with cold water sucks. Those old time tea pots didn't whistle at 50 centigrade! and peculator coffee pots also didn't make cold coffee.

The Customer wrote:

Sorry, I STILL think that was BS to blame McDonalds. She is the one who ordered HOT coffee. If she had ordered iced coffee and it burned her, sure go ahead sue them. She also didn't take care to open the coffee. Between her knees? Really?
I am sorry she was hurt, though.

Read the proceedings of the court case: The woman was actually found to be partially responsible (20%, if I recall). What cost McDonald's the case was that, not only was the coffee far too hot to be safe, but it was hotter than most people who buy coffee might expect it to be. Also, they essentially lied in court about the results of a study they had commissioned about customer preferences in coffee temperature. That's the bit that really sank them.

Having recently had a flawed coffee cup top split, thus covering a hand and part of an arm with fresh, hot coffee at Starbuck's, I have to say I am very glad that McDonald's was sued by the woman and lost.

Cust.

-- hide signature --

Good cyclists are:
Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
Layer 1: Control your bike (Don't fall or collide with others)
Layer 2: Follow the rules (Don't be the cause of traffic crashes)
Layer 3: Use Lane position (Discourage other drivers mistakes)
Layer 4: Hazard Avoidance (Avoid other drivers mistakes and road hazards)
Layer 5: Utilize passive protection (Use protection when all else fails)

Chris, Broussard, LA

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow