Here comes Apple!

Started Jun 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,424
Like?
Re: That's based on a scientific sample size of one?
In reply to rpm40, Jun 17, 2012

rpm40 wrote:

gollywop wrote:

Bob Meyer wrote:

I'm no apple fan, but my family's owned quite a few ipods and the only thing that's ever gone wrong is batteries dying after a few years. My son's ipod touch even got real wet, and once it dried out fully it works fine, several years later.

I think that if Apple really had a reliability problem, it would be well known by now, given the huge number of people who own Apple products.

Oh come on, Bob. I'll agree that, like you, I've had, or have knowledge of, dozens of iPads and iPods, and none of them has had any real problems over many years, outside, of course, of batteries wearing out in the course of time.

But, let's face it, when one's iPod has a home-button problem, why: everyone's has a home-button problem. It only takes a sample of one in a case like that.

What are you trying to say? I can't follow it. You've had dozens of problem free electronics for years, but a single button issue proves the case? Weird logic.

I've always been very impressed with the build quality and overall reliability of apple products, from the desktops and laptops I serviced at work, to the handful of iphones/ipods I've used myself. The only complaint I can come up with is the cheap power cord for the iphone doesn't stand up well to abuse. Other than that, the iphone is rock solid, so I've got to disagree with you there.

You seem to have some trouble with irony. Have you ever been accused of lacking a sense of humor?

-- hide signature --

gollywop

-----------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow