Started Jun 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SDRebel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,489
Like?
5DIII and auto focus for video
Jun 17, 2012

Does any one know if there is a good reason that the 5DIII doesn't offer an option of auto focus for video?

When limited to two hands, keeping a subject framed and then attempting to pull focus requires a dexterity that I might be able to develop, but somehow I doubt it.

The AF button helps, but in many situations I'd be happy to give auto focus a try whatever the downsides.

I suppose the drain on the battery using AF on some of the larger lenses would be a factor, but again that seems a factor easier to address than finding an assistant to pull focus whenever I feel like using the video function.

For me video is a reintroduction to a whole new world when L and zoom lenses are available. So, I starting to try to obtain more video and finding the focus issue a significant problem.

Any advice given that auto focus obviously isn't going to be available to me so long as I keep my 5DIII?

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow