Visiting US in September - Want to get good Canon 5D MK II deal!

Started Jun 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ShaunHill
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Visiting US in September - Want to get good Canon 5D MK II deal!
Jun 17, 2012

Hello there, I come from the UK and am going to Orlando in September for my Honeymoon.

Could anyone please suggest the best place for me to purchase the Canon 5D MK II near International Drive? Please bear in mind we will be reliant on buses.

I figured if we were going to America and cameras are cheaper there, why not kill two birds with one stone?

Thank you in advance.

NB: As a side note, it has been suggested there will be problems regarding import duty from the UK side. HMRC states that if 'ordering goods from abroad, or buying and sending to the UK goods from abroad for personal use, you may have to pay Customs Duty, Excise Duty or import VAT.' However, there is no mention of having to pay any duty on items you purchase abroad and hold in your personal luggage. My friend from work bought a camera from the US and paid nothing extra than the retail price from the US.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow