Can TG-1 owners post more samples?

Started Jun 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Knight Palm
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,723Gear list
Like?
Re: Can TG-1 owners post more samples?
In reply to dcstrom, Jun 17, 2012

dcstrom wrote:

Here's a few I shot this morning. I like the macro and super macro modes, burst mode is good and fast, especially if you change resolution to 8 or 5mp.

The squirrel shots a part of a burst-mode series. You need to be in burst because at full tele aperture is only 4.9 and shutter speed is only 1/40th @ iso 800. So go the shot, but not over the moon about the noise. In program mode it's possible to set the ISO to whatever you want, but at iso100 I was only getting 1/8 sec in this light. Would be a lot better in full sun.

The bark shots are super macro and macro, and the longer shot is just to show you can focus, move off center, and get some kind of bokeh in the background.

The leaves into the sun is also 800 iso, pretty soft, I'd have to work out some better settings for that...

The bird in flight is one of a burst mode sequence. Was using P mode and not the right settings. Should have tried Sports mode for a faster shutter speed. I guess that would have sent the ISO through the roof tho...

Thanks for sharing your pictures with comments about how they are done.

It seems the exposures are well done, and with less need for adjusting brightness/contrast, but this can be done in camera - both prior to the shot and also editing the taken pictures I think.

Shutter speed control seems needed to freeze the squirrel's tail, as well as nail the bird in flight. So learning the cameras shooting modes seems relevant.

Knight Palm's gear list:Knight Palm's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-300 Olympus E-400 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow