DxOMark - The natives are becoming restless ...

Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,837
Like?
Re: DxOMark - The natives are becoming restless ...
In reply to MAubrey, Jun 17, 2012

MAubrey wrote:

Yes. You'd better watch what you are drinking. Bold statements like the E-M5 beating the 5D3 for base ISO DR. And beating the D800 for high ISO shadow noise whenever DoF is in short supply. Interesting times, aren't they?

What does that have to do with the question at hand? I resent that you even bring that up here since I definitely said nothing like that. Don't put my observation in the same camp as that kind of nonsense.

The D7000 is better than the EM5. I've said it several times now.

Just not dramatically better.

Let's maybe have a little moderation on both "sides" of the discussion, please.

Careful, Mike. Merely uttering the word "moderation" these days seems like to act like a sort of magnet for self-styled "saviors" to appear with their lists of "infidels" to banish with extreme gusto.

These are the "halls of hyperbole", indeed. Realism and rationality seem so altogether mundane ...

PS - Of course, our friend AndersW is well known to favor "realism and rationality". On some matters he and I appear to disagree - but somewhwere in our voluminous interchanges I am confident that there exists his rationale in full. Thus, we await the blessings/condemnations of the DxOMark deities - at which point the debates may well begin anew as to (their) ultimate relevance.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow