MacBook Pro Retina has SOLDERED MEMORY!!!

Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
linetest
Regular MemberPosts: 278
Like?
Re: MacBook Pro Retina has SOLDERED MEMORY!!!
In reply to Richard Briscoe, Jun 16, 2012

Richard Briscoe wrote:

That is a remarkable bit of self-delusion.

Oh I don't really think so. If you choose to go without Applecare, and many do, your risk of a costly repair increases. I would not buy the system without it. For me, buying the Applecare means I am not concerned about any components for three years. After that, I'd take it month by month as I would with any computer. Any time after that, a expensive failure would retire the system. True if I bought a $3K Dell Precision or the RMBP.

Battery is replaceable by Apple for $200 I believe. Price a Battery for Dell Precision and you will see Apple has the BETTER battery replacement deal. So what if a tech needs to do it.

In summary, for those with Applecare, failures are of little concern except downtime. Which with Apple items, I can have repaired in a couple days. Other manufacturers would take the same or longer. Usually longer with the other manufacturers given the knowledge of the techs I have encountered.

Apple is doing nothing special here. If you think they are, research some of the other manufacturers designs, warranties and service policies. Grass ain't always greener on the other side.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow