Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Denis of Whidbey Island
Contributing MemberPosts: 729Gear list
Like?
D800 view camera mode
Jun 16, 2012

My D800 will arrive Monday. I've been pondering a potential benefit of working with a 36MP camera; sometimes I'll want to slow down and use it more like view cameras I've owned in the past. I know this is not the only way to use it, but I think it will be good discipline for my landscape work.

So it is a shame that there is not view camera mode in live view with the image upside down and reversed. I always found that quality of working with a 4x5, 5x7 or 6x18 (cm) camera was helpful since it pushed me toward seeing the composition rather than the details.

Sure, it would be an easy firmware tweak for Nikon, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe that feature will be offered in a device like the Gigtube.

Denis
--

I have made this letter a rather long one, only because I didn't have the leisure to make it shorter. Blaise Pascal, 1623-1662

Denis of Whidbey Island's gear list:Denis of Whidbey Island's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Sony a5000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III +7 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow