ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pops
Senior MemberPosts: 1,179
Like?
PC User Looking for Information
Jun 16, 2012

Hi,

I am a PC user having never owned a Mac product although I bought my lady an iPad 2 which I also like when I can get to try it.

She now uses my Gateway Laptop so I am in need of a new Laptop as well but I am interested in replacing my desktop computer that uses an i7 processor.

I pickd up a virus on my Desktop and lost photos etc which I hadn't backed up as I usually do however my computer just doesn't seem the same since.

I use a Nec PA 271W monitor that is calibrated and because I love this monitor and have more than $1400.00 invested in it plus a sound bar.

I can not buy an iMAC unless I sell it for a loss and nor do I want a Mac Pro at my age so I am looking into a Mac Mini however they are older Intel Processors.

I have read that the Mac Mini may be updated this year in July so I would wait and see what developes but as of now I am not even sure it is something I would want to replace my desktop.

Looking for information by those with Mac Mini knowledge and whether or not they would be able to replace my desktop computer as I run it with 12 GBs memory 3 HDs and Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom 4.1 in software applications.

Any sound advise would be appreciated, I am not in any hurry other than I'm old and would like to make my move this year.
Thanks, Pops

Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow