MBP Retina as new workstation?

Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
arbitrage
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
Re: MBP Retina as new workstation?
In reply to Paul5D, Jun 16, 2012

I'm also going to give the RMBP a try as my primary home image processing computer. Currently I use a Late 2009 27" 2.7GHz i7 iMac with 8GB of RAM. I have a 2nd 24" Dell display hooked up also.

I now plan to try using the RMBP 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB HD and use the imac as a monitor (this particular model is able to do this via minidisplay port to minidisplay port cable) and the Dell also. Now with both USB3 and/or TB options for external attached storage of the image files, keeping the files off the internal should be no problem. And then one TB port for the imac and the HDMI for the Dell, I think this will be a good option and can still use the 15"Retina display at the same time. I don't think I will ever spend money on an iMac again. If this solution works then that is the way I will go in the future or else may consider an upgraded MacMini. I'll be keeping my eye out for a 27" Retina Display from Apple later this year when they upgrade the iMac.

arbitrage's gear list:arbitrage's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow