Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChrishsChan
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Fuji X Pro 1 diopter issue
Jun 16, 2012

I bought my Fuji X Pro 1 for almost a week now, after I updated the firmware to the most updated one, the problem with the shutter strange sound was gone. There is still a big issue, specially for those who wear glasses, for a long, short & blur sight person like me, which diopter is suitable ? I don’t know, no way to test it even you have the camera, I asked my optometrist, he could not give me the right answer. After some research, I found out Fuji X Pro 1 built in diopter scale is -1, they do not mentioned in the Fuji user manual. If your optometrist told you, you need a +2, you may end up buying a wrong diopter. Also, I found that the recommended diopter by Fuji is Cosina brand, later I found out Nikon old diopter for FM & FE actually are the same size as Cosina. I made enquiry with all the camera shops in my city, at last I found one +3 & one -3, tested it phyically, still not that acurate, I know I should use a +2. I bought the +3 any way, still better than non, because there is no other diopter in the whole city. Now I knew the diopter scale of my eyes, will find one in eBay later.

ChrishsChan's gear list:ChrishsChan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow