Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoeSchmoe
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,145
Like?
Second Thoughts: Oly 75 1.8 v. Panny 35-100 2.8
Jun 16, 2012

I preordered the 75 within minutes of availability. For events and portraits, I'd like more reach for my OMD than my current lineup (12, 20, 45), and I value speed, low-light capability, and IQ more than convenience. The 75mm (though maybe a little long for portraits) is tempting indeed, particularly given all the early raves about IQ.

I just canceled my preorder, however. Having used my Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II lately, I've noticed how the focal range of the zoom has come in handy and gets a lot of use during events and occasions when I do need reach, especially when I don't have the luxury of moving around. And its image quality is fantastic, so there's little compromise over image quality.

Thus, I'm going to wait and see whether the Panny 35-100 will deliver high image quality, at least on par with the just released 12-35. If so, I think I will be better served in sacrificing some speed and bokeh for convenience and flexibility.

Just sharing my thoughts for those who may be contemplating the two lenses.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow