Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Johan01
Regular MemberPosts: 459
Like?
Canon has great warranty service!
Jun 16, 2012

In the last 16 years of owning Canon gear, this is my first warranty repair. My 70-200 F4L IS was AF slipping a little when pointed up. Since I am an outdoor landscape photographer, it gets really dirty too.

It arrived at my door exactly 1 week after sending it in to Irvine. Packaged perfectly.

The lens is cleaner than when I bought it new. Seriously, whoever worked on it must have swapped me a new lens and stamped the same serial #. No signs of being worked on and the glass inside and out is pristine. They also cleaned the front element better than I could ever have dream. Every nook and cranny was clean on the whole lens.

The lens now works as intended. Hopefully it is another 15 years before I have to suffer through that experience again. I should be appalled they did not send me a basket of wine and cheese.

Here's a couple from the lens and 5d2.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow