Ready to upgrade D70 and/or glass

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
A. Westreich
Senior MemberPosts: 1,195Gear list
Like?
Re: Ready to upgrade D70 and/or glass
In reply to RyanMichael, Jun 15, 2012

D7000.

I went from a D70 to the D90. It was a good upgrade in terms of resolution and better ISO performance. The D7000 is even better in both those areas.

I suspect the reason you are cropping a lot is because of the limitations of the 18-70. Yes the 2.8 zooms are great, but there are lots of great lenses. Take a look at the Nikon 70-300VR - it 's a great lens and super for the price. AF-S so it will focus pretty well.

You might want to look around at the used market as a lot of folks are trading up to the latest and greatest, but the old lenses still perform just fine. 180 2.8 is just a staggering good lens, though a bit slow in focusing by modern standards - though I shot college sports and we didn't even have autofocus . . . I also know people who do HS basketball with an 85 1.8 and get great shots.

A. Westreich's gear list:A. Westreich's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow