Question about copyright, models and the law...

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
miguellara78
Regular MemberPosts: 325Gear list
Like?
Question about copyright, models and the law...
Jun 15, 2012

Ok, so I want to start building up my portfolio but I don't want the same subject over and over again, so I am going to start offering photography to my friends and their friends and the friends of their friends and.... well you know what I mean.

I will take shots of them and offer a digital or printed duplicated of the ones they like free of charge, but they have to agree to let me show those shots in my portfolio online. It will be portraits, headshots, their kids/babies, their pets, etc.....

Sooooo.... do I need to get something in writing? most of the people I shot will probably be people that I know personally but as the word spreads (hopefully), I figure there is going to be people I've never known before.

Just want to be safe. May be a property realease agreement or something?

I'm pretty sure every Country/State have their own laws regarding this, but there most be a thumb of rule or something.

Any word of advice to all Pro's and Amateurs with experience on this out there?

Thank you.

-- hide signature --
 miguellara78's gear list:miguellara78's gear list
Nikon D600 Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow