Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marvin Doering
Senior MemberPosts: 1,575Gear list
Like?
Shame on Tamron
Jun 15, 2012

I needed a long tele for my NEX-7. Since I have the Alpha lens adapters I figured I could get the Tamron 70-300 for Sony and have autofocus and IS. The ad made a point of talking about how great the in lens IS was. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the IS was only in the Canon and Nikon versions (not mentioned in the ad) and conspicuously absent from the Sony version although the price, $449, is the same for both versions. I am therefore stuck with a lens that I can only use with a tripod which is not easy as I shoot from a wheel chair. I could send it back I suppose but I hate doing that once I have opened the box so I will have to learn to live with it. I hope by writing this to prevent others from making the same mistake I did.
--
MRD

Marvin Doering's gear list:Marvin Doering's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow