ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andre700
Regular MemberPosts: 336Gear list
Like?
the stellar quality 16mm
Jun 15, 2012

where is that stellar quality 16mm?

My favorite lens for FF is 24mm, with nex7 thats around 16mm. Im using the old minolta 24 2.8 and/or the CZ 24-70 2.8 with my alpha 900 as a standard lens for landscape photo, but the huge size and weight made me go for the Nex 7 as a companion at my hikes. So now i got myself a Nex7 and a sony 16mm and a Voigtlander 15mm to go with it.

Size is important, and i love the CV 15mm for its sharpnes, manual focus and small size.

The Sony 16mm is nice, but just not sharp enough, the CV15mm is sharp enough, but with its purple edges its just to much extra work and quite limiting when shoting HDR in jpg.

So I need a 14-16mm wide angle for the nex, manual focus is ok, but I do not want colored corners. Of cause there is the Trielmar 16-18-21, and yes, its all stellar quality, but so are the price...

Any sugestions?

Alternatively: Anyone out there who know how to handle HDR files done with the CV 15mm and JPG files? Oh, and for the record, my shooting habits: I shoot mostly Raw (95%), but sometimes I finde the HDR/jpg function usefull.

-- hide signature --

André F

andre700's gear list:andre700's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +15 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow