Ditching E-M5 for Leica X2 (see picture). Keeping PL3.

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: Oh it's YOU. I might have guessed :-)
In reply to Adventsam, Jun 15, 2012

Adventsam wrote:

tt321 wrote:

marike6 wrote:

Louis_Dobson wrote:

There is no way it is going to have better (or worse) IQ than the OM-D and 25mm f1.4.

Unless the IQ is exactly the same, the X2 either has to have better or worse. I'd never bet against a Leica lens.

It is smaller because it has a fixed, f2.8 lens. If neither of those bother you, it will be fine.

Why should a fixed lens bother him? And an f2.8 lens on APS-C will have similar DOF to an f1.4 lens in m43, no?

No. An f2.8 lens on FF has similar DoF characteristics as an f1.4 lens on M43.

Here we go again! f2.8 aps-c is f4.2 FF, 1.4 m43= f2.8 FF, which ever way you look at it the f2.8 is a bit slow! both the 20 and 25 will be faster and shallower by some and the 14mm about the same, the 45 being somewhat faster and shallower again.

But he has all those other ILCs, so it's not really a few feet of DOF should be a deciding factor.

The x2 is a bit of a toy really, slow, sluggish and needs the evf.

If the X2 is a toy then so is the X100, and what beautiful toys they are with absolutely awesome IQ and beautiful metal bodies. As far as sluggish AF, the X2 is reportedly much faster than the X1 was. Personally, I've always wanted a Leica, and while the X2 is not an M9, it's got some of Leica's DNA in it. I would like to have an X2, but for the $2000, I think there are better choices, like the X100 or the X-Pro1.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow