My SX40 works

Started Jun 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kali12
Regular MemberPosts: 192
Like?
Re: My SX40 works
In reply to Biff Exploder, Jun 15, 2012

Bill,

Welcome and thanks for starting this thread. I'm enjoying your range of photos and the examples of SX40 at max wide for landscapes -- something I usually completely forget about. You are showing it to great effect.

I posted a question to you on a different thread, but it really belongs here.

"I forgot to ask about your settings. On manual, tje exif shows a high shutter speed and large aperture. I don't understand the reason for that--I would have thought, with all that light, you would have wanted a smaller aperture for the greater DOF. But...pics look great so..so...do you not stop down for landscapes where you're shooting to the horizon. (?)

Also, despite the bright sun, your sky looks great and you're not blowing out the highlights (but EV is -0). Did you fix blown highlights in PP or is there a setting that helped? Did you have i-Contrast on? (I'm guessing "Polarizing lens" but...?)

Finally, re: "positive film". I tried it at one time and thought it washed out detail for an effect that I could do better pp with a filter. But, again, I really like your photos. How do you think "positive film" filter improved the photo?

Thanks for sharing. I love this camera, but am always trying to understand it better and control my results in various situations better.
Kali12

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow