obama to give amnesty to young illegal immigrants

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
Re: obama to give amnesty to young illegal immigrants
In reply to JulesJ, Jun 15, 2012

first these kids are not out in the fields picking crops - to even qualify for this they have to have gone to school here or served in the military - personally I dont have a problem with these young people being allowed to stay. they where brought here by their parents and did not choose to come themselves and this is the only home they have ever known. Where I have a problem is with how this is being done, I dont like the president going around congress and I dont think revolving two year work permits fixes anything. These people should be allowed to say, but at the same time they should apply for permanent residency with all of the normal background checks and other things that anyone else would have to go through.

Now - to address your comment about doing jobs we wont do. The only reason why these jobs exist is because these people come here and work under the table for an illegal wage. If the employers were forced to pay a legal wage there are plenty of Americans who would do the jobs.

right now employers are allowed to use these poor people as what is close to slave labor and that is not right

JulesJ wrote:
You need them to do the jobs you won't do.
Jules

edwardaneal wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/story/2012-06-15/obama-immigration/55613364/1

I guess this is what you have to do to get the latino vote when you cant fix the economy

"The extraordinary move comes in an election year in which the Hispanic vote could be critical in swing states like Colorado, Nevada and Florida. While Obama enjoys support from a majority of Hispanic voters, Latino enthusiasm for the president has been tempered by the slow economic recovery"

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

-- hide signature --

Julesarnia on twitter

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Uh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow