Markins Lever Quickshoe - complex to re-adjust to a different plate size?

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
avir
Regular MemberPosts: 228
Like?
Markins Lever Quickshoe - complex to re-adjust to a different plate size?
Jun 15, 2012

Hi all,

I am interested in buying an RRS panning clamp with arca-swiss plate. However, I currently have a Markins Q10 ball head and a lever QS and have only Markins camera/lens plates.

Assuming that the RRS plate for the panning clamp is not identical to the RRS plate. How complex or time consuming is it to adjust the lever on the Markins QS in the field? I don't shot pano that much so I don't mind investing a couple of minutes in adjusting the lever every now and then.

Markins don't recommend to do it ... from where thier website:

"Note: We recommend the lever style release only if one has plates from single maker. It is known that different brands have different sizes of Arca-Swiss style plates. Though Markins' lever release quickshoe is adaptable to accommodate different brands of plates, it won't be practical to do so in the field with mixed brands of plates. We strongly recommend to use a single brand of plates with this lever release quickshoe. With mixed brands of plates, the traditional screw-knob style quickshoe will be more flexible."

Your thought?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Avi Revivo
My Photography Blog - blog.revivo.co.il

Pentax Q10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow