Ditching E-M5 for Leica X2 (see picture). Keeping PL3.

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photo perzon
Senior MemberPosts: 3,678Gear list
Like?
Ditching E-M5 for Leica X2 (see picture). Keeping PL3.
Jun 15, 2012

The Leica X2 is $ 1995. For me portability is key as I like to stuff cameras in my jacket pocket. I protect the camera in a padded case and stuff it in my pocket.

The E-M5 with the 25mm is too large for a pocket. Even with a 20mm. And they represent $ 1599. I already have the VF-2 which I can use on the PL3, XZ-1 and X2.

I'll keep the more portable PL3 and the other small primes 14 and 20mm and 45mm. Also I'll keep the 40-150mm. The PL3 has EVF, tilt.

The IQ on the X2 is better due to the larger sensor and Leica Elmarit lens. I can see that in the pictures. Reviewers agree. Reviews always complain about the $ 2000 of the Leica, but the E-M5 and 25mm are in the ballpark.

The Leica is small and fits in a pocket like the Oly XZ-1. Even the PL3 is almost 1/2" thicker than the Leica X2 or XZ-1.

Picture shows left to right PL3 20mm, X2, E-M5 25mm, XZ-1

Just saying...

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Leica X2 Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow