5D MKIII made this posible

Started Jun 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
nyc2012
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
Re: His point is ...
In reply to joger, Jun 15, 2012

I was trying to be nice which is rare on this forum. The statement “Results speak for themselves....impossible prior to MKIII” is just plain stupid. Statements like this seem to be common on this forum. Many of the fan boys on this forum seen to be right out of the fable the emperor who ware no cloth. I think that the Af for the Mark III is excellent and keeper rates for photographing moving subjects will improve greatly. That being said the sensor has not impoved very much at all and after its life cycle it will be really long in the tooth. For me at its current price I will skip this body and when the800E becomes more available I will run a dual system. My style of photography doesn’t lend itself well to the 35mm aspect ratio and the extra megapixel is needed for the cropping that needed.

As for the 14-24 it has some draw backs such as problems with flare and the ability to use graded filters.
The image below was shot with a fuji 67 range finder with tri-X film

nyc2012's gear list:nyc2012's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow