Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
offshore13
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
What lens to choose
Jun 15, 2012

I'll have an extra $900 coming this end June this year.

With that budget I'm torn between these primes:
85 1.8
100 2
100 macro
100 L macro

My current gear are the following:

60D bought last year

18-55 II (kit lens)

10-22 - I really love UWA. Took this to Vatican and gave me nice photos. I also travel a monthly (part of the job) on my small workplace in the seas that's why this was my first purchase per advise of my Japanese Boss

50 1.4 - an accidental purchase using flight miles earned. Just enough for the price equivalent of this lens at a duty free shop.

Since having that 50 1.4, I think I'm now suffering from an illness called "Prime Syndrome". Maybe the primary reason why I want to try any of the above mentioned primes that fits the bill of $900 equivalent here in the Philippines.

Another reason I asked for opinion is because I'm saving up to have the 70-300L probably on March next year for the long FL coverage. I know it will overlap with the FL but I'm having the compulsion.

or should I just scrap the plan and just continue saving up for the 70-300 but risk having no telephoto coverage for the next few months.

Any ideas from the photo gurus here would be highly appreciated

offshore13's gear list:offshore13's gear list
Canon PowerShot A460 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow