Capitalism is the Dominant force in the U.S.A.

Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 14,157Gear list
Like?
Re: Capitalism is the Dominant force in the U.S.A.
In reply to Chato, Jun 14, 2012

Chato wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

I was describing a snap shot of Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and the USA now. The USA is, so I have heard, about four years behind them. Our day is coming. All these countries have such great programs that they obviously cannot afford. Money is telling them they cannot afford those programs. That the politicians have what sound like Utopian societies can last only a short time - before they run out of money.

Now some of those great Utopian ideas may be possible, if citizens are willing to pay the price in taxes with reduced personal spending power.

It's not a very accurate "snapshot." Those countries which have tied themselves to their banking industry, are in trouble. Not so much because of their internal faults, as beause they refuse to let these banks fail. They are destroying themselves to protect the mistakes of their Corporate masters.

If they had a sound economy there would have been no bank crisis.

Scandanavia is not in this position...

I excluded Scandanavia from this part.

And Scandanavia has a much higher standard of living then we do - Which says volumnes about where their tax dollars go

That may be very true. I have been to some very poor villages along the Amazon River in Peru. These people are happy, and happiness has a lot to do with how one would rate their standard of living. If government were taking care of all my needs, or the bulk of them, I might say I have a great standard of lliving. Now I can't afford a 50" flat screen TV, or afford a trip abroad, but I am save and comfy.

I like to see some data on how they rate "standard of living" and you are just the man to provide it.

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow