Mondo Verde - Jungle (GXR-M, Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, M-mount)

Started Jun 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Katsunami
Regular MemberPosts: 401Gear list
Like?
Mondo Verde - Jungle (GXR-M, Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, M-mount)
Jun 14, 2012

Today I've been to the Mondo Verde World Gardens, to try out my new Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5 (new M-mount version). It was a great success I must say. At least, I returned home with about 85 pictures, shot over about 4 hours. (Yes, I'm a slow shooter.)

Below are two pictures from the "Jungle" part of the garden. In the next days I'll post some more pictures of parts of Mondo Verde.

Editing is minimal: only white balance and color tweaks in Lightroom, to actually convey the colors I saw there. In addition, the second picture's exposure was adjusted to -0.3EV, and it had a small adjustment in contrast and highlights. Everything else was left to Lightroom 4's defaults. Both pictures are complete: no cropping.

For people who are interested, here are two 100% crops from the first picture. First one is about 1/3rd from the top, second one is at the middle of the right edge.

Some observations about this lens:

• This thing is sharp . It's sharp enough to resolve blades of grass at big distances.

• This thing is wide . On the Ricoh, it's just 23mm. Not very special, but my previous widest was the 17-40L @ 40D (28mm). I fear to shoot this lens at full frame someday....

• The GXR-M handles it perfectly. I've seen no color shifts or overly bad vignetting.

• It's very small, and very light. Don't mistake it for a camera cap...

All in all, it's a great lens for use on the GXR-M if you intend to shoot landscapes at around 23mm.

Katsunami's gear list:Katsunami's gear list
Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/21 ZM Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar
Canon EOS 40D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow