Started Jun 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla2008
Senior MemberPosts: 2,295
Like?
mirrorless prices are becoming ludicrous
Jun 14, 2012

While APS-C and even FF are bringing prices down big time (next 24 MP FF Nikon D600 rumoured to be between 1500-1800$), mirrorless prices in general are becoming downright ridiculous.

Today I can buy a used D700 for 1100€ and add a minty, boxed Tamron 28-75/2.8 (excellent lens by the way) for 250€ = 1350€ (not to mention the new 24mp Nikon 3200 which packs a lot of power and a great feature list goes for 699 with a capable kit lens !!).
That's roughly the price of a new E-M5 with kit lens and grip.

It won't even come close to the price tag of a Fuji X Pro 1. The Nex 7 is also pretty steep and all the newly announced m4/3 lenses have crazy, trough the roof prices.
I understand you pay for miniaturization, but this is becoming silly.

OTOH, you do find awesome deals in m4/3 like the GX-1 and G3 bodies that are awesome cameras and selling really cheap. The Oly 45 1.8 seems very reasonably priced for its performance, as are the Panny 20 and 14, for instance. Oly 40-150 great cheap telezoom. To me mirrorless is about a small, portable, quality AND affordable system (as I still think there is a compromise, at least in DOF control and continuous AF).

m4/3 rumors just stated the Oly 75/1.8 will ship with no delay, because the pre-orders have been scarce. At 949€, you bet !
Pfft, really all this makes one reconsider the whole m4/3 route...

Marla.

Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
mmm,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow