Started Jun 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Trevor Carpenter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,138
Like?
Re: e-620 C-AF Action settings
In reply to a Chap, Jun 14, 2012

a Chap wrote:

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for replying. I definitely think you can expect more out of your camera though... What lenses are giving you output like this?

For comparison, here is a similar shot taken on another day, quickly processed, which worked (well enough) for focus but I messed up in another way:

and the 100% crops:

On the left is just above the shoulder, where I suspect the focal plane lies. I'm not holding this up as a shining example of sharpness (ISO 400 and f/2.8 handheld with c-af) but it is better, looks great at 50% and for a shot of this nature is certainly adequate for a small print to my mind, where the original example is not.

If I consistently got this I would be satisfied!

All the best,

Yes I think I was being a bit negative, I've gone back and done some croppiing and decided that my results aren't as bad as I had believed.

I take a lot of pictures with a fair amount of zoom and cropping on top of that isn't always a positive experience that I would like it to be. Backfocusing isssues there may be in number one, I think I can see it, but isn't your secopnd shot better because it is 60mm rather than the 158mm of the first one. You probably have a much better DOF in number two therefore any backfocusing or minor out of focus issues or camera movement will be absorbed more easily.

I'm no expert, just constantly learning so I don't really know what I'm talkng about, but I would expect the 60mm to give a better result.
--

My Galleries are at
http://picasaweb.google.com/trevorfcarpenter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow