Need Backpack for a lot of Equipment

Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
mremonen
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?
Re: Need Backpack for a lot of Equipment
In reply to fstein, Jun 14, 2012

fstein wrote:

I try not to drop $800 cameras. Have you ever dropped one? Why would you start now?

Actually I've once managed to destroy one body when it was in the bag with 80-200/2.8 on top of it. Someone dropped the bag and the body split half. These things happen.

The glass is the picture, not the body, hence as a Canon guy my choice to bring the lightest.

Ok, so in your opinion I should leave the D800 and take D300 instead. Interesting.

You will find yourself missing shots and for that matter, the experience, as you change lenses to get the "right" one.

That's why I'm taking two or three bodies. I can have more than one trigged for action all the time.

Every ounce of camera gear you pack is an ounce of something else you cannot carry eg what antibiotics are you bringing? You realize that ERs there may not sterilize syringes?

Please... You cannot seriously choose between medication and equipment. I've already taken 7 shots and have malaria medication and penicillin in my bag.

Spent 2 months in Africa, 2X2 months in S Asia

Yes, it is totally different thing to go to Africa for 2 months than for 2 weeks.

mremonen's gear list:mremonen's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon D800E Sony a6000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow