d 400 is (perhaps) coming.

Started Jun 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,721
Like?
Re: yes, I'd probably buy one
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Jun 14, 2012

The D300 user base is broad. Alot of us arehave left this forum or sparingly post here due toNikon's inactivity in the Dxxx department. This place was much more livelier.

I expect the same when a D400 is released

Kerry Pierce wrote:

Phil_L wrote:

I will buy one if it is true.

As will I, but I'm hoping that they could tweak that sensor for better noise performance than the d3200. The specification list looks very good, especially 8fps without the grip and f/8 AF sensors. Yes, I could get excited about this camera.

If the price point proves to be accurate and the rumoured D600 price proves to be accurate then this will really be a niche camera.

The d300 user base was much more broad than I had realized, until the recent threads on a d400. Seems like there were a lot of users that never used the high performance features of the camera. So, it was a much more niche camera than the sales figures would have indicated. I don't understand why those folks bought the d300, when the d90 would have served their needs at a much better price point. Regardless, those are the folks likely to buy the d600. It won't have any of the high end, high performance features at its rumored price point. I'm not interested in another FX camera, at least until I have a d400 with the spec sheet like Mansurov reported.

Kerry
--
my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow