Nex-7 Overheating Issue

Started Jun 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,720Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony response is 100% accurate
In reply to alpha604, Jun 14, 2012

alpha604 wrote:

I read your post... I understand your frustration, but you also seem to have blinders on to how the technology works that you are wanting to leverage for video use. More specifically, you seem to have unrealistic expectations of the video performance of a product engineered first-and-foremost as a still capture device.

You are wrong. Sony markets these cameras as dual purpose. That means video as well as stills.

In my opinion, Sony have failed. The overheating issue is an engineering problem that Sony has failed to address.

My Panasonic micro43 camera (GX1) can record in full HD (1080P30) until the memory card is full, or the battery runs out of power. All without overheating. So why can Sony not achieve the same performance?

The overheating issue with the NEX cameras is why I no longer own one and why I currently own the GX1. That, and lack of native mount NEX lenses.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'

• Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +35 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow